Depression in adults: treatment and management
Friday 9 February 2018
De Vere West One Conference Centre, London
Follow the conference on Twitter #depressionsummit
This conference will focus on the implementation of the New National NICE Guideline for Depression in adults: treatment and management which is currently in draft form and due to be published early in 2018, followed by a new Quality Standard later in the year.
“New and updated recommendations have been included on organisation and delivery of services, access to services, the treatment of new depressive episodes, further-line treatment of depression, chronic depression, depression with co-morbidities and relapse prevention.
Although the evidence base is rapidly expanding there are a number of major gaps, and further revisions of this guideline will incorporate new scientific evidence as it develops. The guideline makes a number of research recommendations specifically to address gaps in the evidence base. In the meantime, it is hoped that the guideline will assist clinicians, people with depression and their carers by identifying the merits of particular treatment approaches where the evidence from research and clinical experience exists.” NICE Guideline Draft for Depression in adults: treatment and management 18 July 2017.
Throughout the day this event will systematically focus on the prominent areas highlighted in the current Guidelines Draft by looking at current research, best practice, pharmacological vs psychological interventions and the importance of patient involvement.
By attending this one day depression in adults: treatment and management conference, you will benefit from national updates, informative current research sessions presenting the latest in scientific evidence, and hear current best practices. You will be provided with practical information and inspiration to take back to your organisation and utilise in implementing the NICE Guidelines for Depression in adults: treatment and management in your organisation, ensuring your service effectively supports people suffering with depression to successfully receive effective personalised treatment ensuring long term recovery.
This conference will enable you to:
- Understand how you can better support patients suffering with depression to achieve successful recovery and prevent relapse
- Network with colleagues working to improve patient experience for patients suffering with depression Understand and reflect on what you need to do, to improve the consistency and support for service users with depression
- Update your knowledge on national and local developments and current NICE Guidelines to ensure compliance
- Identify key strategies for improving the recovery rates patients suffering with depression
- Examine your role in improving the services depression service users
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice and how improvements can be made to your depression service
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence
Also of interest