News and Updates from todays Ward Manager Summit
Follow the conference on Twitter#WardManager
This Summit aims to bring together current and aspiring Ward Managers to understand current issues and the national context, and to debate and discuss key issues and areas they are facing in practice.
The conference is chaired by Jen Watson Director of Nursing/Freedom to Speak Up Guardian King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
Paul Rafferty- Clinical Matron, South Tees Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Member, Professionals Standards Advisory Group for the NMC will do a session on Developing your skills as an effective Ward Manager In which he will cover
- characteristics of an effective Ward Manager
- the Ward Manager role in confirming revalidation and leading appraisal
- managing workload and work life balance
- what support do Ward Managers need?
Wendy Preston - Head of Nursing Practice - Royal College of Nursing will cover Advanced Nursing Practice and Credentialing: Update for Ward Managers and will talk about:
- credentialing explained: assessing the background and legitimacy of nurses to practice at an advanced level through assessing their qualifications, experience and competence
- bringing credibility to the role and reducing variation
- pathways to achieving the RCN Advanced Level Nursing Practice Credential
- developing a job plan that demonstrates current advanced level practice verified by a senior nurse/ employer
- resources for Ward Managers: the credentialing handbook and the role of the credentialing specialist
Mr Joan Pons Laplana -Transformation Nurse, James Paget University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust will deliver an extended session on Developing your leadership skills
16 April 2018