Social Media - A working tool for healthcare
Monday 11 June 2018
De Vere West One Conference Centre, London
Join the conversation at #HealthSoMe
Social media allows NHS organizations, patients and staff to engage directly with each other without hierarchy. It is the most effective way to share information including news, events and public health messages.
With Social Media the world is in the palm of yourhands. If you want to announce something publicly to the world, Social Media is usually the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to do it.
This is a workshop for healthcare professionals and comms professionals, to explore social media in health – on an individual and organisational level. The workshop aims to give people knowledge, skills and resources to take back to their organisations and take social media in healthcare to the next level.
Social media in healthcare is coming of age and we want to help you to be at the forefront of that.
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- The importance of social media in healthcare
- Getting the most out of social media as a healthcare professional (including some basic Tweeting advice for those who need it)
- Professional issues in social media spaces
- Getting social in your organisation
- Social media tricks and tips
- Social media policy and strategy .. moving forward in social media in healthcare.
The masterclass is facilitated by Joan Pons Laplana - Clinical Project Manager/Transformation Nurse,James Paget University Hospitals NHS FT and Teresa Chinn MBE RN - RN & Social Media Specialist, WeCommunities and is suitable for healthcare professionals who have an interest in how social media can help and support them and their organisations.