Follow the conference on Twitter #actionplanning
Find out more about virtual attendance
Ensuring Change, Accountability and Improvement.
Action planning is key to improving quality. When change needs to be implemented following a patient safety incident, audit, quality improvement project, or as a result of a complaint or CQC Inspection it is crucial that action plans are practical, achievable and demonstrate accountability.
This conference focuses on practical steps you can take to improve action planning and embed human factors and after action reviews to ensure learning, change and demonstrate improvement.
“Developing an action plan or milestone plan is a key part of implementing a successful project”
“it is all too common for organisations to get lost in their action plans and fail to either make improvements or communicate them.”
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to drive change and improvement
- Understand the action planning process
- Reflect on the challenges in ensuring accountability for change
- Develop effective strategies for embedding a human factors approach into action planning
- Learn from action planning examples in patient safety, complaints and to embed findings from clinical audit and quality improvement
- Understand the legal context including the implications of unimplemented action plans
- Ensure assurance and oversight of action plans
- CQC action planning right and communicating improvement back to the CQC
- Motivating clinical teams to change and improve
- Conducting effective after action reviews