FOR CLINICAL DIRECTORS, ASPIRING CLINICAL DIRECTORS, AND MEDICAL DIRECTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR DEVELOPMENT
Follow this event on Twitter #clinicaldirector
Whether you are currently a Clinical Director, or aspiring to be one, this CPD certified conference provides a unique opportunity to learn from the experiences of other Clinical Directors and develop your skills as an effective Clinical Director.
The programme will focus on developing the skills of Clinical Directors and aspiring Clinical Directors. You will have the opportunity to hear from experienced Clinical Directors in areas including understanding what makes an excellent Clinical Director, tips and advice for aspiring clinical directors, developing your clinical leadership skills, improving team performance, improving wellbeing and supporting doctors in difficulty, and driving improvement in quality including meeting the CQC Key Lines of Enquiry for your directorate.
“Local leadership at clinical service level, and sometimes at individual ward level, can be critical in determining the quality of care.”
Care Quality Commission
A recent GMC commissioned report found that the job of a Clinical Director is one of the most demanding: “Several leaders called attention to the pivotal role of Clinical Directors. They pointed to the paradox that Clinical Directors have perhaps the most difficult of roles in people management terms, and a direct impact on perceived working culture. However, they have the least experience of leadership and little developmental support.”
How doctors in senior leadership roles establish and maintain a positive patient-centred culture Research Report for the General Medical Council, Published 14 August 2019
This conference will provide you with the key skills and attributes to develop your role as a current Clinical Director or move forward to the Clinical Director role.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with Clinical Directors, and aspiring Clinical Directors
- Learn from outstanding practice in developing your skills as a Clinical Director
- Reflect on national developments and learning
- Improve the way you managing and work with difficult behavior
- Develop your skills in delivering job planning effectively
- Understand how you can improve your leadership skills
- Identify key strategies for managing and supporting clinicians in difficulty & improving wellbeing/resilience
- Learn how to drive improvement as a clinical director
- Understand what the role entails on a day to day basis and receive practical tips and advice for aspiring Clinical Directors
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence
100% of delegates at our previous conference on this subject would recommend it to a colleague