Follow the conference on Twitter #ResilienceDrs
Find out more about virtual attendance
The last few months have seen Doctors alongside all NHS staff under extraordinary pressure as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“More than two fifths of doctors say they are suffering from burnout, depression or anxiety amid the coronavirus pandemic.”
“Healthcare workers face stressors and difficulties at the best of times, but in these times of Covid19, these feelings may be heightened by worries over uncertainty and the unknown.”
“The last taboo in the NHS is the acknowledgement that doctors also have mental health problems and that they are not immune to the pressures we all face…We have shown that if you offer an accessible, confidential service then doctors will come for treatment, and not just come, they get better.”
This virtual conference focuses on improving Improving Doctors Mental Health & Supporting Doctors with Mental Health Problems. Through national updates, learning from lived experience and practical case studies from organisations that are effectively providing mental health support and wellbeing the conference will provide a practical guide to ensure you are improving the mental health of Doctors and effectively supporting Doctors with mental health issues.
This conference will enable you to:
• Network with colleagues who are working to improve doctors mental health and support doctors with mental health concerns
• Developing enhanced support programmes through COVID-19
• Learn from outstanding practice in delivering treatment programmes and supporting clinicians to access treatment
• Reflect on national developments and learning including the NHS England PHP expansion programme
• Improve the way you support doctors to build resilience and develop hope
• Develop your skills in delivering a joyful working environment
• Understand how you can improve early intervention
• Identify key strategies for creating the right clinical team environment to support doctors well being and mental health