On-Demand virtual training
Find out more about On-Demand training
This On-Demand Conference brings together current and aspiring Nurse Directors together to understand current issues and the national context, including leading through Covid-19, and to debate and discuss key issues and areas they are facing in practice.
Following National Update sessions, the on-demand conference will include extended masterclasses focusing on developing your leadership skills and competence as a current or aspiring nurse director, leading quality improvement and managing patient concerns and improving patient experience. Throughout the day sessions will look at preparing for a role as a Nurse Director, and learning from experienced nurse directors on how to manage the complexities of the role whilst remaining visible to staff and patients. The conference will conclude with an extended masterclass with small interactive breakout groups focusing on difficult issues for nurse directors such as sustaining work life balance, managing nurses in difficult or experiencing performance concerns, leading and motivating through difficult times such as CQC inspection, negative press or trust mergers, and changing the culture of the organization.
This on-demand conference will enable you to:
- Learn from outstanding practice and experienced Nurse Directors to develop your skills as a current or aspiring Nurse Director
- Reflect on national and European developments and learning
- Improve the way you support Nurses during and beyond Covid-19
- Developing your leadership skills and competence
- Understand the important capabilities for Nurse Directors in the boardroom and areas in which the Nurse Director can play a key role as a board member
- Reflect on how you can better manager your work/life balance and the demands of the role
- Ensure visibility, nursing engagement and Quality
- Understand they key challenges and difficult issue for Nurse Directors
- Identify key strategies for career development
- Gain advice and tips for aspiring Nurse Directors in planning for the role
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice