For Current and Aspiring Non-Medical Prescribers
Find out more about virtual attendance
Follow the conversation on Twitter #NMPCardiology
This important national conference provides essential updates for current and aspiring non medical prescribers in cardiology and cardiovascular care. Through national updates and practical case studies you will hear from expert speakers on how to develop and maintain prescribing competence and how to develop effectiveness in post qualification practice. The conference will include extended sessions focusing on developing your skills in non medical prescribing practice as well as case study sessions from specialist speakers in the areas of nurse/non medical prescribing in the management of arrhythmias, nurse prescribing for heart failure and end of life care, prescribing within a rapid access chest pain clinic, prescribing in cardiac rehabilitation and cardiovascular disease. The conference will also reflect on the impact of Covid-19 and consider the impact on prescribing and medication in patients with cardiovascular disease.
Paul Wright, Co-Chair – Cardiovascular, The UKCPA Cardiovascular Group, and Lead Cardiac Pharmacist, Barts Health NHS Trust will give a presentation focusing on improving prescribing practice for cardiovascular disease including supporting pharmacist cardiovascular led clinics in primary and secondary care.
“There are around 7.6 million people living with heart and circulatory diseases in the UK - an ageing and growing population and improved survival rates from heart and circulatory events could see these numbers rise still further.”
“Maximum use should be made of the skills of the wider heart team including specialist nurses, pharmacists and cardiac physiologists running virtual and face to face clinics.”
“Cardiovascular medications are a leading cause of medication harm, particularly in older adults, and should be the focus of harm mitigation strategies.”
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are current or aspiring non medical prescribers
- Reflect on the implications of Covid-19 for people with Cardiovascular Disease
- Update your knowledge on new and emerging medications, and effective treatments
- Maintain prescribing competence for revalidation and the NMC Code
- Improve your prescribing practice and competence in line with the 10 dimensions of the National Prescribing Competency Framework
- Explore how nurse/non medical prescribing can improve practice and patient care
- Develop your skills, confidence and competence as a non medical prescriber in Cardiology
- Assure competence in non medical prescribing in non medical prescribing in the management of arrhythmias, nurse prescribing for heart failure and end of life care, prescribing within a rapid access chest pain clinic, prescribing in cardiac rehabilitation and cardiovascular disease.
- Develop your skills in diagnostic decision making and managing comorbidities
- Ensure medicines optimisation and adherence within the healthcare pathway of patients with cardiovascular disease
- Supports CPD professional development and acts as revalidation evidence. This course provides 5 Hrs training for CPD subject to peer group approval for revalidation purposes