Follow the conversation on twitter #HealthSoMe
Social media allows NHS organizations, patients and staff to engage directly with each other without hierarchy. It is the most effective way to share information including news, events and public health messages.
With Social Media the world is in the palm of your hands. If you want to announce something publicly to the world, Social Media is usually the quickest, easiest and cheapest way to do it.
This is a workshop for healthcare professionals and comms professionals, to explore social media in health – on an individual and organisational level. The workshop aims to give people knowledge, skills and resources to take back to their organisations and take social media in healthcare to the next level.
Social media in healthcare is coming of age and we want to help you to be at the forefront of that.
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- The importance of social media in healthcare
- Getting the most out of social media as a healthcare professional (including some basic Tweeting advice for those who need it)
- Professional issues in social media spaces
- Getting social in your organisation
- Social media tricks and tips
- Social media policy and strategy .. moving forward in social media in healthcare.