Ward Manager Summit
Monday 16 April 2018
De Vere W1 Conference Centre, London
Follow the conference on Twitter#WardManager
“While the overall leadership culture of the trust is important, often it is the local ward leadership, medical as well as nursing, that is critical to achieving high-quality care.” State of Care in Acute Hospitals, Care Quality Commission, 2nd March 2017
This Summit aims to bring together current and aspiring Ward Managers to understand current issues and the national context, and to debate and discuss key issues and areas they are facing in practice.
The Summit will open with National Update sessions looking at the developing your role as an effective Ward Manager, and understanding your role within the context of NHS England developments. The conference will continue with a session updating Ward Manager on their role with regard to supporting advanced Nursing Practice and the new system for RCN Credentialing.
“Nursing continues to develop and change… The RCN is introducing a credentialing approach – formal recognition for each nurse, their colleagues, employers and most importantly, patients and the public, of the advanced level of expertise and skill that nurses awarded the credential have achieved. This will be evidenced across the four pillars of: clinical practice, leadership, education and research.” The Royal College of Nursing, 2017
The conference will then focus on critical areas for effective Ward Management including developing an extended interactive session focusing on developing your leadership skills, ward manager development, improving communication skills at ward level including frontline management of complaints, feedback and concerns, developing ward accreditation for quality and exemplar wards, changing the way we think about patient experience updating you on national developments in bringing the Last1000days and Red2Green to life through #EndPJparalysis, and managing your own ward budgets, finances and resources.
Whether you are currently a Ward Manager, or aspiring to be one, this event provides a unique opportunity to learn from the experiences of other Ward Managers and Nurse Directors to develop your skills as an effective Ward Manager. Through national updates and practical case studies the conference will update Ward Managers on essential issues to enable you to improve practice and leadership at a local level.
This conference is suitable for current and aspiring Ward Managers/Ward Sisters/Charge Nurses and Senior Nurses
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with Ward Managers, Aspiring Ward Managers and those who support them
- Understand the national context including the CQC role in Ward Inspection and National Nursing developments
- Develop your skills as an Effective Ward Manager
- Improve your leadership skills and empower others
- Understand the role of the Ward Manager in supporting Advanced Nursing Practice including the new RCN credentialing system
- Learn from established practice in managing and monitoring quality including the development of exemplar wards and ward accreditation
- Improving communication skills at ward level including frontline management of complaints, feedback and concerns
- Learn from experienced Ward Managers about how they handle difficult issues, manage workload and work life balance and improve the way they work
- Develop your local strategy to improve and change the way you think about patient experience
- Improve your skills in management of ward budgets, finances and resources
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence
Also of interest