Non Medical Prescribing: Improving Practice, Confidence & Competence
Thursday 13 July 2017
Manchester Conference Centre, Manchester
Follow this conference on twitter #NMPWards
Chaired by Sam Sherrington, Head of Nursing and Midwifery Strategy, NHS England & Chair, Association for Prescribers, this conference takes a particular focus on the development of Non medical Prescribing to improve practice, patient care and prescribing competence.
Through national updates and practical case studies you will hear how to develop and maintain prescribing competence, and how to develop effectiveness in post qualification practice and how non medical prescribing practice can improve patient care. There will be a focus on the New National competency framework for all prescribers and how the framework can be implemented in prescribing practice.
- Update your knowledge on national developments in non medical prescribing
- Understand how you can implement the national competency framework for prescribing in your practice
- Explore how non medical prescribing can improve practice and patient care
- Understand the role of the ward manager in supporting and developing non medical prescribing practice
- Look at the role of non medical prescribing as part of the ward round
- Assure competence in non medical prescribing for pain, and for co-morbidity
- Understand the role of non medical prescribing in reducing delayed discharge
- Ensure eprescribing systems support effective non medical prescribing practice
- Update your knowledge of legal considerations, responsibility and accountability
Also of interest