The International Practitioner Health Summit 2018: The Wounded Healer
Thursday 4 October 2018 — Friday 5 October
30 Euston Square, London
I'm sorry but this conference is now fully booked. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please email us.
Follow the #woundedhealer18 for conference news and presentations.
For further information, help and support visit http://php.nhs.uk/.
Follow the conference on Twitter #WoundedHealer18
****NEWS: Simon Stevens, Chief Executive, NHS England to give a keynote address****
Aimed at doctors, nurses, pharmacists, allied health practitioners, dentists, counsellors and researchers in the field of practitioner health the 10 Year Anniversary Conference of the NHS Practitioner Health Programme will bring together the academic, clinical and experiential aspects of physician and practitioner health with a particular focus on mental health.
Sir Simon Wessely President of The Royal Society of Medicine will join Professor Clare Gerada MBE Medical Director at NHS PHP to chair the first day the following speakers are confirmed:
- International Keynote Session: Mr Henry Marsh, Retired Neurosurgeon and Author 'Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery'
- International Keynote Session: Why are Doctors in Distress? Dr Abigail Zuger, Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai, and Senior Attending Physician, Mount Sinai Roosevelt and Mount Sinai St. Luke's Hospitals, New York City
- Keynote Closing Address: Adam Kay, Writer, Comedian, Former Junior Doctor and Author 'This is Going to Hurt'
- The emotional impact of care: Professor Jill Maben OBE, Professor in Nursing, University of Surrey
- Burnout Proof LIVE Workshop: Dr Dike Drummond, CEO and Founder TheHappyMD.com Mayo, trained family doctor, professional coach, author, speaker and trainer
- Changing Practice to support sick Doctors: what have we learnt? Dr Ide Delargy, Clinical Lead, Practitioner Health Matters Programme, Dublin
- Keynote: A father’s experience: Dr Robin Warshafsky
- Keynote: Preventing Physician Suicide: Prof Michael Myers, Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Immediate Past Vice-Chair of Education & Director of Training, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, SUNY-Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, and Author, Why Physicians Die By Suicide: Lessons Learned From Their Families and Others Who Cared
Delegates will have the opportunity to participate in drop in question time and experiential learning and group work. We will leave time for networking at the evening drinks receptions. There will be a chance to speak to practitioner support groups and access resources to help you consider your own, and colleagues health and wellbeing needs and how these can be met.
Please note the pre-conference breakfast meeting on day 2 is now FULLY BOOKED.
Patients Included: For more information and details on all five of the Patients Included charter clauses this HCUK conference meets, click here