Mick Martin from the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman discusses Lessons from Complaints to the Ombudsman and Investigations
Mick Martin Managing Director of Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman discusses lessons from complaints to the ombudsman and investigations at today conference.
Mick Martin' full presentation is available for download at the end of this page.
In his presentation Mick states:
"There are three phases towards improvement
- Carrying out more investigations for more people.
- Modernising our service: good for complainants – learning from complaints.
- Ombudsman Reform"
"Lessons from complaints
- Focus on a learning culture
- Excellence in complaint handling
- Robust mechanisms, root causes, open and transparent
- Learning from complaints is key
- Customer insight and service drives improvements"
Mick Martin' Biography:
Mick Martin is the Managing Director at the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. He joined in November 2013 following six years on the Board of a NHS Fountain Trust. In his 25 year management career Mick has worked in both the Public and Private Sector as a director in companies such as Royal Mail, as a management consultant in the UK, and internationally, and as small business entrepreneur across several sectors. Mick lives in Derbyshire, is married and has three children.
Download: Mick Martin's Presentation11 February 2015