Tips to deliver 7 day services
Dr Ann Driver of NHS Improving Quality suggested these tips to deliver 7 day services:
1. Use a systematic approach to help you through tackling this challenge and seize the opportunities
2. Understand your baseline position – what happens currently
– “Don’t jump to solutions before you understand the real problem “
3. Engage, communicate, partner, network , align with the whole system – “You cannot achieve this alone”
4. Keep the focus on patients , safety, quality of care & outcomes
5. Don’t ignore the big challenges
6. Remember if you are not measuring– you are not improving and if you are only measuring you’re not improving, but measure and improve the right thing that adds value
7. Get the messages right – services not working. Share the learning. Think scale & pace
Read Dr Driver's blog here.
Steve Fairman Managing Director at NHS Improving Quality is chairing our forthcoming conference on Delivering a 7 Day Health Service. The conference focuses on meeting the national clinical standards and learning from the early adopter sites to deliver a 7 day health service in practice. Further information and booking here.
Also of interest:
Delivering a 7 day services in Hospital Pharmacy
Tuesday 13 January
Hallam Conference Centre, London