We are pleased to announce the First Annual Conference of Assistant Practitioners UK.
Follow the conference on Twitter #AssistantPractitioner
The aim of the conference is to shed light on the issues surrounding the role and to bring all the decision makers, departmental managers, course leaders and assistant practitioners (current and aspiring) together in one place to effect positive and sustainable change.
Since the start of the role, much once hopeful assistant practitioners are left feeling discouraged and unsupported. This conference will update delegates about the development of the role on a national level, while also shedding light on its future and how it fits into the expanding NHS healthcare ecosystem.
You will hear updates from Health Education England, The Royal College of Nursing, The Society and College of Radiographers, and The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy regarding role development, while listening and joining discussions about matters such as regulation and competency of assistant practitioners. This conference will provide the platform to hear directly from assistant practitioners sharing their lived experiences and how they overcame barriers to acceptance to integrate.
You should leave the conference feeling equipped and inspired.
A choice of breakout sessions will focus on: Radiology - Therapy - Acute Care - Mental Health
This conference will enable you to:
- Gain a better understanding around the stability of the role
- Hear from colleagues who have worked extensively to develop and further the assistant practitioner’s role
- Learn from the best practices where APs have maximised their potential in their role
- Understand how the role evolved over the years and the rationale behind this change
- Discuss national developments, including funding initiatives to support workers and more
- Understand the barriers to effective governance and registration
- Improve practice or equip mangers to support and introduce Assistant Practitioners more effectively
- Learn from the lived experience of Assistant Practitioners and how they integrated and support their departments
- Learn how assistant practitioners can develop competencies in medicine administration while inspiring the confidence of managers
- Be equipped with insightful case studies across multiple disciplines
- Reflect upon practice that is a contribution to CPD