Facilitated by Dr Kate Silvester (BSc, MBA, FRCOphth) and Lesley Wright (DCR/DRI) this series of five half-day virtual workshops is designed to introduce delegates to the skills for improving flow through outpatient clinics and diagnostic services post-COVID.
These interactive, and practical workshops are designed for outpatient and diagnostic service managers and their data analysts. Use data to diagnose actual problems (not supposition or guess work) and understand flow constraints.
Delegates will leave with a combination of theory, practical exercises and examples so that they can ‘give it a go’ in their own service. Delegates will also be guided to further learning resources, support and other colleagues’ case studies in the on-line journal of Improvement Science (JOIS).
Dr Kate Silvester trained as an ophthalmologist and retained as a manufacturing systems engineer before re-joining the NHS to tackle the long waits for cancer diagnosis and care in 1999. Lesley Wright, trained as a diagnostic radiographer and radiology manager, and was a former national director for Diagnostic Improvement with NHS England/Improvement. Both bring their wealth of practical experience in diagnosing and addressing the cause of long-waiting in the NHS and supporting colleagues to do the same. Both are trained in Lean / Six Sigma and now Healthcare Systems Engineering and work with clinical teams across the NHS to improve flow.
Discount for attending all five half day Outpatient masterclasses: £195+ VAT per masterclass or, £750+VAT for all five.
- Improving activity in an OP clinic or diagnostic session post-COVID
- Practical use of OP and Diagnostics data in Service planning and reporting
- Tackling the waiting lists and delays for Clinics since Covid-19
- Understanding the demand and capacity required for Follow-Up and in outpatient and diagnostic services
- Systems thinking and engineering in Outpatients and Diagnostics
Feedback from our previous Outpatients Virtual Training Series delegates:
- “Well presented and very insightful” Making Outpatients Covid Safe for Patients and Staff delegate
- “Great session which provides innovative ideas for current times we are in” Making Outpatients Covid Safe for Patients and Staff delegate