This one day masterclass will focus on how an organisation can increase staff engagement and with it improve patient experience. This masterclass focuses on staff experience and improving engagement which is particularly important when staff are under pressure during Covid-19. We will look at how to improve engagement through a healthy, compassionate and inclusive culture.
The NHS has never before experienced a year like this one and all those involved in the NHS Staff Survey are very aware that 2020 has not been “business as usual” for the NHS workforce. However, it remains vital this year that we accurately measure and understand the experience of working in the NHS.
There are some clear and strong associations between staff experience and how satisfied patients are.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Does your organisation have a culture that motivates, empowers, challenges, and respects staff?
- How can organisations motivate staff and build cohesive and effective teams?
- How can we align organisational culture and vision with staff values and vision?
- Are managers defining rules of engagement for staff?
- What could impede organisations to grow their staff?
It can’t be right that a sector focused on promoting the health and well being of our population is putting at risk the health and wellbeing of 1 in 20 of its national workforce
Staff engagement trumps all other measures for predicting the quality of organisational outcomes