Follow the conversation on Twitter #Prehabilitation
Find out more about virtual attendance
This conference focuses on Prehabilitation – Principles and Practice, and will provide a practical guide to delivering an effective prehabilitation programme, ensuring patients are fit for surgery or treatment. The conference will look at preoperative optimisation of patients fitness and wellbeing through exercise, nutrition and psychological support. The conference will use case studies from cancer treatment, and getting patients fit for surgery to explore the benefits in terms of outcomes and patient care.
“The importance of prehabilitation is increasingly being recognised.”
“Fitter patients who are able to improve their health and activity levels recover from surgery more quickly and with fewer complications.”
This conference has two split streams in the afternoon -
- Stream A Focus: Effective Prehabilitation Programmes.
- Stream B Focus: Benefits of Psychological Prehabilitation.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to deliver effective prehabilitation
- Learn from outstanding practice in implementing a prehabilitation programme
- Reflect on national developments and learning
- Improve the way we support patients to prepare themselves, physically and emotionally for surgery/treatment
- Develop your skills in integrating Prehabilitation into the Care Pathway
- Learn from case studies in both cancer treatment and preparation for surgery
- Understand how you can improve emotional and psychological support
- Identify key strategies for improving physical activity, exercise and behavior change
- Work with patients to improve nutrition
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest evidence
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence