Follow the conference on Twitter #BADSknee
Day Case Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Surgery and Uni-compartment Knee Replacement Surgery has been routine practice for over 10 years in some trusts. Building on this, leading units are now providing Total Hip and Knee Replacement Surgery on a day case basis. It has been proven to be safe, achievable and has been replicated across a number of trusts.
With increasing pressure on the NHS, the drive to reduce length of stay and deliver as much activity as possible on a day case basis is a key national priority. Day Case major joint replacement surgery is now routine practice in a number of units across the UK. However, there remains huge variation in day case orthopaedic surgery across the country with some units still struggling to deliver ACL reconstruction surgery as a day case, yet others consistently have rates approaching 100%.
Come and learn how they did it, the obstacles they overcame and take the opportunity to transform your orthopaedic services.
National experts from the British Association of Day Surgery and leading Orthopaedic units will share experience including:
- How to develop a high-class day surgery service
- Analgesia for day case arthroplasty
- Use of short acting spinal anaesthesia for major orthopaedic day surgery procedures
- Pathways and protocols for day case arthroplasty
- Pitfalls to avoid and obstacles to overcome – how they did it
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve day surgery orthopaedic services
- Learn from outstanding practice in day surgery arthroplasty
- Reflect on national developments and learning
- Understand how you can improve your day surgery pathways
- Identify key strategies for implementation of a day surgery joint replacement service
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest national practice
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence