Follow the conversation on Twitter #PrescribingCompetence
Find out more about virtual attendance
This conference focuses on demonstrating and improving prescribing competence and practice and use of the updated National Competency Framework for all Prescribers. The conference will also update delegates on the Competency Framework for Designated Prescribing Practitioners. Through national updates, practical case studies and extended expert sessions, this conference focuses on demonstrating and improving prescribing competence and practice – embedding the competency framework, and ten competency dimensions for all prescribers.
"This competency framework has been developed and updated to support prescribers to expand the knowledge, skills, motives and personal traits, to continually improve their performance, and to work more safely and effectively. If acquired and maintained, the prescribing competencies in this framework will help healthcare professionals to be safe, effective prescribers who support patients to get the best outcomes from their medicines. It has been developed for multi-professional use and provides the opportunity to bring prescribing professions together to ensure consistency in the competencies required of all healthcare professionals carrying out the same role."
"The requirements of the competency framework will be the standards we consider safe and effective prescribing practice for all prescribers on our register... Prescribers on our register should refer to the competency framework and other relevant sources of information and guidance to inform their ongoing prescribing practice."
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve prescribing competence and practice
- Understand the national context of your prescribing practice
- Develop your skills and leadership as a prescriber
- Examine how to self assess, reflect and audit prescribing practice against the ten competency dimensions
- Embed the framework into practice and demonstrate competence
- Demonstrating prescribing proficiency
- Understand clinical pharmacology to improve prescribing competence
- Reflect on the lived experience of a drug error and how we can learn from errors using a human factors approach
- Understand limits of competence
- Reflect on the new Competency Framework for Designated Prescribing Practitioners