Follow the conversation on Twitter #PrescribingCompetence
This conference focuses on demonstrating and improving prescribing competence and practice and use of the National Competency Framework for all Prescribers.
“The updated Competency Framework can be used by any prescriber at any point in their career. It can also be used by regulators, education providers, professional organisations and specialist groups to inform guidance, education and advice. It outlines ten key prescribing competencies under two areas: the consultation, and prescribing governance. Within these areas, statements describe the activity or outcomes prescribers should be able to demonstrate.”
“The requirements of the competency framework will be the standards we consider safe and effective prescribing practice for all prescribers on our register... Prescribers on our register should refer to the competency framework and other relevant sources of information and guidance to inform their ongoing prescribing practice.”
Through national updates, practical case studies and extended expert sessions, this conference focuses on demonstrating and improving prescribing competence and practice – embedding the competency framework, and ten competency dimensions for all prescribers.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve prescribing competence and practice
- Understand the national context of your prescribing practice
- Examine how to self assess, reflect and audit prescribing practice against the ten competency dimensions
- Embed the framework into practice and demonstrate competence
- Reflect on the new Competency Framework for Designated Prescribing Practitioners
- Learn from others to improve prescribing governance and accountability
- Understand how to demonstrate prescribing proficiency
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence
100% of delegates at a previous conference on this subject would recommend the event to a colleague