Follow the conversation on Twitter #PrescribingCompetence
Find out more about virtual attendance
This virtual conference focuses on demonstrating and improving prescribing competence and practice and use of the National Competency Framework for all Prescribers, and will also update delegates on the December 2019 Competency Framework for Designated Prescribing Practitioners.
“The updated Competency Framework can be used by any prescriber at any point in their career. It can also be used by regulators, education providers, professional organisations and specialist groups to inform guidance, education and advice. It outlines ten key prescribing competencies under two areas: the consultation, and prescribing governance. Within these areas, statements describe the activity or outcomes prescribers should be able to demonstrate.”
The conference will also examine the use of the new Competency Framework for Designated Prescribing Practitioners which was published in December 2019
“From early 2019 regulatory changes will enable experienced independent prescribers to work as designated prescribing practitioners (DPPs) for the practice element of non-medical prescribing training. This is a role traditionally held only by medical prescribers (Designated Medical Practitioners). We welcome the move to use independent prescribers in this role. It is an opportunity to draw on the expertise of different prescribing professions in the development of future non-medical prescribers and improves access to prescribing opportunities for the wider workforce...We are leading on the development of a competency framework for those taking on this role which will help programme providers and DPPs in ensuring training in practice is supported."
Through national updates, practical case studies and extended expert sessions, this conference focuses on demonstrating and improving prescribing competence and practice – embedding the competency framework, and ten competency dimensions for all prescribers.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve prescribing competence and practice
- Understand the national context of your prescribing practice
- Examine how to self assess, reflect and audit prescribing practice against the ten competency dimensions
- Embed the framework into practice and demonstrate competence
- Demonstrate your skills in non medical prescribing practice
- Understand limits of competence
- Reflect on the new Competency Framework for Designated Prescribing Practitioners
- Develop your skills as a Non Medical DPP
- Learn from others to improve prescribing governance and accountability
- Understand how to demonstrate prescribing proficiency
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
100% of delegates at a previous conference on this subject would recommend the event to a colleague