Follow the conference on Twitter #FrailtyNHS
Find out more about virtual attendance
This conference focuses on the important issue of transforming acute care for people with frailty: improving the quality of care for people with frailty and supporting them to stay out of hospital during the Covid-19 pandemic and beyond. Redesign of acute frailty services is crucial to meeting increasing demand and improving the quality of life for older people.
“Too many older people with frailty suffer needless harms as a result of unplanned hospitalisation, long waits in A&E, long stays, and poor co-ordination of care. Many are approaching the end of life, when their needs and wishes should be understood and respected, something which has come into sharp focus during the Covid-19 pandemic.”
“Within hospitals there is much we can do to improve quality and safety of care for older people living with frailty”
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve acute care for frail older people
- Learn from outstanding practice in developing dedicated frailty services
- Reflect on national developments and learning from Covid-19
- Update your knowledge on the recent GIRFT Report in Geriatrics and the recommendations for frailty
- Improve the way you support people with frailty during and beyond Covid-19
- Develop your skills in identifying and diagnosing frailty
- Understand how you can improve the response to emergency admissions
- Identify key strategies for preventing unnecessary hospital admission
- Learn from the delivery of a frailty improvement programme in acute care
- Understand how you can use the Specialised Clinical Frailty Toolkit to improve practice
- Explore priorities and challenges in meeting the BGS End of Life Care in Frailty Guidance
- Ensure frailty presenting as falls is effectively identified and managed
- Improve prescribing and reduce polypharmacy
- Reflect on how we can reduce delirium in people living with frailty, or as a symptom of Covid-19
- Self-assess and reflect on your own practice
- Supports CPD professional development and acts as revalidation evidence. This course provides 5 Hrs training for CPD subject to peer group approval for revalidation purposes
100% of delegates who attended the previous date would recommend to a colleague.
100% of delegates who attended the previous date said attending the conference will ultimately have a positive impact on patient experience and outcomes.