We currently have a vacancy for a full-time Exhibition and Sponsorship Sales Executive.
Salary +Commission available on request.
Full Time, Home Based with access to central London for onsite work between 2-4 days per month.
Established in 2011, Healthcare Conferences UK is an award winning organiser and producer of over 150 high quality healthcare conferences and exhibitions per year with a specialist interest in a clinical audience. Our events support knowledge sharing, professional development and take a practical approach to learning through case study based best practice. In December 2019 we won the 2019 ABPCO Excellence award for Best Agency Conference Organiser.
We are looking for an experienced exhibition and sponsorship sales executive ideally with experience in the healthcare sector to join our team. The role is leading on sales for our one day conferences which generally attract around 5 exhibitors/sponsors, and the occasional client event which are larger. You will be responsible for generating new business through converting leads that are self-sourced or provided to you via our website and enquiries.
Key Duties include:
- Identify new business and sales opportunities and build relationships with exhibitors and sponsors
- Working with the Managing Director to identify the conferences with the highest potential exhibition income (and those with the lowest) and ensure sales effort is focused accordingly
- Secure exhibition revenue for our one day conferences
- Manage exhibition and sponsorship for our larger client events
- Work with the Directors to agree revenue and profit targets and meet them
- Working with the Conference Producer to develop an understanding of the conference subject area, the key selling points, benefits to companies exhibiting and they key contacts in that area
- Working with the speaker team to integrate Supplier Sponsored sessions within the conference programme effectively
- Working with the Event Logistics team to ensure the venue requirements meet the exhibition requirements.
- Meeting key contacts, building relationships to secure longer term/multi conference sponsorship deals
- Uphold KPIs of 90 minutes per day minimum on the phone
- To attend client meetings or meet potential high value sponsors as required
- The role is supported by a client management executive who manages existing exhibitors, and two part time administrators to ensure that time is spent on active sales and business/relationship development
- Work with the team to ensure effective credit control of exhibition income
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience exhibition/sponsorship sales, with a proven track record of success
- Ambitious and passionate
- Ideally experience in a healthcare/pharmaceutical market
- Tactful and diplomatic approach to sales – we are not a hard sell company, our business is about building relationships and developing return business
- This is a home based role therefore ability to work independently and effectively organizing time is essential
- Experience of telephone sales
- Experience of working to/exceeding sales targets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to quickly build rapport and strong working relationships with all key stakeholders – exhibitors and sponsors, employees, venue contacts, facilitators, speakers, clients
- Clear and concise communication of information, both verbally and in writing
- Highly organised, able to prioritise workflow efficiently
- Ability to meet deadlines, works pro-actively, and can multitask
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Good understanding of MS office especially our in house Access database functionality, and Excel
Travel into central London will be required 2-4 times per month, travel to Manchester, Birmingham or other designations around twice per year.
UK Driving Licence is required for occasional travel to Head Office for meetings which is based in Ottershaw Surrey.
Enquiries and CVs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24th January 2020.