We currently have a vacancy for a Conference Support Administrator to join our Speaker Liaison team.
Healthcare Conferences UK are the leading provider of national CPD conferences and masterclasses for health and social care professionals and managers working in the NHS, private healthcare sector and local authorities. We produce and run over 250 events a year focusing on role and service development to ultimately improve patient care, experience and outcomes.
Central to the success of our events is our ability to secure senior and highly respected healthcare professionals to come and speak at them. So this role within our Speaker liaison team is of key importance to us. We are looking to recruit an Administrator to help us secure speakers’ agreement to attend our events and to be their point of contact right up until the event. This is a busy and interesting role working on a range of health & social care events. Full training will be given. We are a flexible, family friendly company with a strong team ethos.
This is a permanent contract, based on a full time (37.5 hours per week, 9.00am to 5.30pm (with 1 hours unpaid lunch break) Monday to Friday inclusive.
We are a home based company, running virtual conferences (on zoom) and on-site in London, Manchester & Birmingham which you will be required to take your turn in attending.
Summary of responsibilities:
The conferences will be split between four conference organisers with similar roles who work closely as a team.
For your selection of events you will:
- Work to tight deadlines - invite, chase and confirm speakers by using our database, email and telephone – using tact, diplomacy, persistence and excellent communication skills to ensure a positive and quick turnaround
- Use the internet and research where necessary to find ways of contacting speakers if our contact details are out of date
- Update speaker chasing spreadsheets and our database so that other team members can see current status at a glance
- Work closely with other members of speaker liaison team and marketing team to ensure programmes and brochures are designed and updated in a timely manner (full training given)
- Work with the Conference Producer to replace any drop out or unavailable speakers
- Ensure all chairs and speakers are briefed (and if necessary tested) in advance of the conference and are confident using zoom
- Update the landing page with content for the event
- Brief onsite staff in advance of events, and also run (currently virtual) onsite events
- Occasionally cover our switchboard phone number and process bookings
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is looking to work in the events industry and who will embrace the opportunity to learn the healthcare market and be involved in this fast paced, exciting business.
- Ideally the person we are looking for will:
- Have previous administration experience - able to demonstrate excellent organisation skills and efficiency
- Be an excellent communicator – in writing, on the phone and in person. Be able to quickly build rapport and strong working relationships with all key stakeholders – other HCUK employees, venue contacts, facilitators, speakers, clients.
- Have an understanding of the NHS and healthcare market would be advantageous, as would a background in events or conferences
- Be able to work independently; happy to work from home and taking responsibility for their own workload and priorities but also able to work well in a team
- Have an excellent eye for detail and be able to work under pressure
- Be confident, friendly and flexible in working with colleagues and also in a customer service environment on-site at conferences
- Have experience of managing/running virtual events and using zoom or similar platforms.
- Have good IT skills, ideally touch typing and being able to use: Microsoft Outlook, Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience of InDesign software useful but not essential.
Please note at Healthcare Conferences we work as a team and help each other across all roles when needed so the above should not be seen as an exclusive list. We do expect virtual events to continue moving forward alongside our onsite events.
Competitive salary, dependent on experience
Please send your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com