News and updates from today's Improving Access, Treatment and Support for People with a Diagnosis of Personality Disorder virtual conference.
Confernece chair: Dr Phil Moore Chair Thrive, London’s Suicide Prevention
Opening today's confernece is Leroy Simpson with a powerful lived experience presentation and asks how we can improve the lives of people with a PD.
Dr Jorge Zimbron Consultant in General Adult and Rehabilitation Psychiatry Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Foundation NHS Trust, discusses Iatrogenic complications of compulsory treatment in personality disorder, and the session covers:
• How do you care for those refusing care?
• Balancing the risks and benefits of compulsory treatment
• Is there an alternative?
• Case report highlighting two different approaches and their consequences in the
Dr Zimbron commented that:
EXTENDED SESSION: Treatment Models and Therapeutic Interventions
Dr Tennyson Lee
Consultant Psychiatrist in Psychotherapy & Clinical Lead for Personality
East London NHS Foundation Trust
• treatment models and therapeutic interventions
• what does a treatment pathway look like
• successes, challenges and lessons learnt
• personality disorder in diverse communities – how do we ensure equality of access