FOR CLINICAL DIRECTORS, ASPIRING CLINICAL DIRECTORS, AND MEDICAL DIRECTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR DEVELOPMENT
Follow this event on Twitter #clinicaldirector
Find out more about virtual attendance
Whether you are currently a Clinical Director, or aspiring to be one, this virtual conference provides a unique opportunity to learn from the experiences of other Clinical Directors and develop your skills as an effective Clinical Director.
The programme will focus on developing the skills of Clinical Directors and aspiring Clinical Directors. You will have the opportunity to hear from experienced Clinical Directors in areas including understanding what makes an excellent Clinical Director, tips and advice for aspiring clinical directors, developing your clinical leadership skills, improving team performance, improving wellbeing and supporting doctors in difficulty, and driving improvement in quality including meeting the CQC Key Lines of Enquiry for your directorate. The conference will reflect on managing under pressure during Covid-19. This conference will provide you with the key skills and attributes to develop your role as a current Clinical Director or move forward to the Clinical Director role.
A recent GMC commissioned report found that the job of a Clinical Director is one of the most demanding: "Several leaders called attention to the pivotal role of Clinical Directors. They pointed to the paradox that Clinical Directors have perhaps the most difficult of roles in people management terms, and a direct impact on perceived working culture. However, they have the least experience of leadership and little developmental support."
"Local leadership at clinical service level, and sometimes at individual ward level, can be critical in determining the quality of care"
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with Clinical Directors, Aspiring Clinical Directors and those who support them
- Learn from outstanding practice in developing your skills as a Clinical Director
- Reflect on national developments and learning including working under pressure during Covid-19
- Understand the key elements of the role
- Develop your skills in Clinical Leadership
- Understand how you can improve your management and support for colleagues who are experiencing difficulties and exhibiting difficult behavior
- Identify key strategies for improving teamworking, and morale in your directorate
- Drive improvements in quality improvement
- Understand the highs and lows of the role from the perspective of experienced Clinical Directors
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence
100% of delegates at our previous conference on this subject would recommend it to a colleague