Follow the conference on Twitter #NMPCancer
This conference focuses on non-medical prescribing in cancer care. Through national updates and practical case studies the conference will demonstrate how the effective use of non-medical prescribing in cancer care can improve patient care, experience and outcomes.
The conference will focus on developing competence and confidence in non-medical prescribing in cancer care, including using the National Competency Framework for all Prescribers. Case study sessions will demonstrate how prescribing practice can improve care for people with cancer and will focus on maintaining and demonstrating prescribing competence, prescribing for pain management, chemotherapy prescribing, immunotherapy induced side effects and how to manage them, prescribing for co-morbidity and the importance of holistic assessment, prescribing for symptom control, and prescribing in end life care including controlled drugs.
“From March to September this year, over one million people in England were referred urgently with suspected cancer,
90% of whom were seen within two weeks, and over 290,000 cancer treatments were carried out.
This is testament to your leadership and teamwork.”
NHS England November 2020
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve non-medical prescribing practice in cancer care
- Reflect on the changes to prescribing and treatment as a result of Covid-19
- Understand the national context including the national competency framework for prescribers
- Develop your skills and improve competence in prescribing practice
- Understand how to develop prescribing to improve chemotherapy services
- Immunotherapy induced side effects and how to manage them
- Prescribing for co-morbidity
- Improve your skills in the prescribing and prescribing governance
- Examine your role within prescribing at the end of life including symptom control and controlled drugs
- Understand the practicalities of effective prescribing within a clinic setting
- Learn from established prescribing practice in chemotherapy prescribing and developing the role of non medical prescribers in an SACT clinic
- Understand how to audit and demonstrate competence in non-medical prescribing practice
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence