For Current and Aspiring Non-Medical Prescribers
Find out more about virtual attendance
Follow the conversation on Twitter #NMPCardiology
This important national virtual conference provides essential updates for current and aspiring non medical prescribers in cardiology and cardiovascular care.
Through national updates and practical case studies you will hear from expert speakers on how to develop and maintain prescribing competence and how to develop effectiveness in post qualification practice.
The conference will include extended sessions focusing on developing your skills in non medical prescribing practice as well as case study sessions from specialist speakers in the areas of non medical prescribing in the management of arrhythmias, prescribing for heart failure and end of life care, prescribing within a rapid access chest pain clinic, prescribing in cardiac rehabilitation and cardiovascular disease.
“7.4 million people are living with a heart and circulatory diseases in the UK”
British Heart Foundation December 2019
“Heart and circulatory disease, also known as cardiovascular disease (CVD), causes a quarter of all deaths in the UK and is the largest cause of premature mortality in deprived areas. This is the single biggest area where the NHS can save lives over the next 10 years.”
The NHS Long Term Plan
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are current or aspiring non medcial prescribers
- Update your knowledge on national developments
- Maintain prescribing competence for revalidation and the NMC Code
- Explore how non medical prescribing can improve practice and patient care
- Develop your skills, confidence and competence as a non medical prescriber in Cardiology
- Assure competence in non medical prescribing in the management of arrhythmias, prescribing for heart failure and end of life care, prescribing within a rapid access chest pain clinic, prescribing in cardiac rehabilitation and cardiovascular disease.
- Develop your skills in diagnostic decision making and managing comorbidities
- Ensure medicines optimisation and adherence within the healthcare pathway of patients with cardiovascular disease
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence