For Current and Aspiring Non-Medical Prescribers
Find out more about virtual attendance
Follow the conversation on Twitter #NMPCardiology
This important national conference provides essential updates for current and aspiring non medical prescribers in cardiology and cardiovascular care. Through national updates and practical case studies you will hear from expert speakers on how to develop and maintain prescribing competence and how to develop effectiveness in post qualification practice. The conference will include extended sessions focusing on developing your skills in non medical prescribing practice as well as case study sessions from specialist speakers in the areas of nurse/non medical prescribing in the management of arrhythmias, nurse prescribing for heart failure and end of life care, prescribing within a rapid access chest pain clinic, prescribing in cardiac rehabilitation and cardiovascular disease. The conference will also reflect on the impact of Covid-19 and consider the impact on prescribing and medication in patients with cardiovascular disease.
Paul Wright, Co-Chair – Cardiovascular, The UKCPA Cardiovascular Group, and Lead Cardiac Pharmacist, Barts Health NHS Trust will give a presentation focusing on improving prescribing practice for cardiovascular disease including supporting pharmacist cardiovascular led clinics in primary and secondary care.
“Research suggests that people in the UK with underlying health conditions are at increased risk of severe complications from coronavirus, and an increased risk of death – such as heart disease, stroke and dementia (including vascular), plus their risk factors... Coronary heart disease (CHD) is one of the most common pre-existing conditions for deaths involving coronavirus”
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are current or aspiring non medical prescribers
- Reflect on the implications of Covid-19 for people with Cardiovascular Disease
- Update your knowledge on new and emerging medications, and effective treatments
- Maintain prescribing competence for revalidation and the NMC Code
- Improve your prescribing practice and competence in line with the 10 dimensions of the National Prescribing Competency Framework
- Explore how nurse/non medical prescribing can improve practice and patient care
- Develop your skills, confidence and competence as a non medical prescriber in Cardiology
- Assure competence in non medical prescribing in non medical prescribing in the management of arrhythmias, nurse prescribing for heart failure and end of life care, prescribing within a rapid access chest pain clinic, prescribing in cardiac rehabilitation and cardiovascular disease.
- Develop your skills in diagnostic decision making and managing comorbidities
- Ensure medicines optimisation and adherence within the healthcare pathway of patients with cardiovascular disease
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence