Follow the conversation on Twitter #PrescribingCompetence
Find out more about virtual attendance
This conference focuses on demonstrating and improving prescribing competence and practice and use of the National Competency Framework for all Prescribers, and will also update delegates on the Competency Framework for Designated Prescribing Practitioners. Through national updates, practical case studies and extended expert sessions, this conference focuses on demonstrating and improving prescribing competence and practice – embedding the competency framework, and ten competency dimensions for all prescribers.
The updated Competency Framework can be used by any prescriber at any point in their career. It can also be used by regulators, education providers, professional organisations and specialist groups to inform guidance, education and advice. It outlines ten key prescribing competencies under two areas: the consultation, and prescribing governance. Within these areas, statements describe the activity or outcomes prescribers should be able to demonstrate.
The requirements of the competency framework will be the standards we consider safe and effective prescribing practice for all prescribers on our register... Prescribers on our register should refer to the competency framework and other relevant sources of information and guidance to inform their ongoing prescribing practice.
This conference will enable you to:
• Network with colleagues who are working to improve prescribing competence and practice
• Understand the national context of your prescribing practice
• Develop your skills and leadership as a prescriber
• Examine how to self assess, reflect and audit prescribing practice against the ten competency dimensions
• Embed the framework into practice and demonstrate competence
• Demonstrating prescribing proficiency
• Understand clinical pharmacology to improve prescribing competence
• Reflect on the lived experience of a drug error and how we can learn from errors using a human factors approach
• Understand limits of competence
• Reflect on the new Competency Framework for Designated Prescribing Practitioners