Find out more about E-Learning
A step-by-step e-learning course designed to give you a thorough overview of clinical audit.
This comprehensive online Fundamentals of Clinical Audit Certificate course will provide you with a full understanding of the importance of clinical audit and how it is used. By undertaking the course learners will understand how to lead and conduct a clinical audit project relevant to care provided by themselves / their organisation.
The course commences by looking at a history of clinical audit and how it is used to improve patient care and safety. You’ll be guided through the benefits of audit and shown how you can use it in meaningful and effective ways. You’ll then go on to work through a series of in-depth modules that lead you through the stages of the clinical audit process. With worked examples, downloadable supporting materials, checklists and self-assessment opportunities, this step-by-step guide has been designed to give you a thorough overview of clinical audit.
Who should attend
The course is aimed at anyone who wants to know more about clinical audit! This includes all healthcare professionals who want to better understand clinical audit and know how to conduct audits that make a positive difference to the delivery of patient care. The course will also be of interest to administrators, managers and commissioners who want to know more about clinical audits and what high quality audit looks like.
Key Learning Objectives
- Undertake at your own pace a comprehensive online learning course on clinical audit
- Understand the fundamentals of clinical audit and how it is used
- Come away with top tips for conducting successful clinical audit projects
- Up-skill you to critique clinical audit projects carried out by others
- Check back at any time, full access for 12 months means you can take a refresher whenever you need
- Test your own knowledge with our integrated self-assessment quizzes
- Download a certificate of completion to demonstrate your learning
- Supports CPD professional development and acts as revalidation evidence. This course provides 10 Hrs training for CPD subject to peer group approval for revalidation purposes
The masterclass will be facilitated by Stephen Ashmore and Tracy Ruthven, Directors of the Centre for Clinical Audit Support who have collectively worked in clinical audit and improvement for over 50 years. Stephen and Tracy have created and painstakingly tested this online resource to ensure it meets learners needs.