Follow this conference on Twitter #wardmanager
This conference aims to bring together current and aspiring Ward Managers to understand current issues and the national context, and to develop your skills as a current or aspiring Ward Manager. The conference will open with reflections on the characteristics and qualities of an effective Ward Manager, and understanding your role within quality and specifically meeting the CQC Quality Ratings at Ward level. The conference will then focus on critical areas for effective Ward Management including developing an extended interactive session focusing on leading and driving improvement on your ward, developing ward accreditation for quality and exemplar wards, supporting Nurses in Difficulty and managing performance concerns – updating you on the new NMC fitness to practise procedures, understanding how ward rounds can be used to improve both staff wellbeing and patient care, supporting vulnerable patients on your ward and reflecting on the day to day life of a Ward Manager including tips for aspiring Ward Managers.
“The ward leader’s role is recognised as pivotal in managing clinical services, improving patient outcomes and effective teamworking.”
“While the overall leadership culture of the trust is important, often it is the local ward leadership, medical as well as nursing, that is critical to achieving high-quality care.”
State of Care in Acute Hospitals, Care Quality Commission
Whether you are currently a Ward Manager, or aspiring to be one, this event provides a unique opportunity to learn from the experiences of other Ward Managers, Nurse Directors & National Experts to develop your skills as an effective Ward Manager.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with Ward Managers, Aspiring Ward Managers and those who support them
- Understand the national context including the CQC role in Ward Inspection and National Nursing developments
- Develop your skills as an Effective Ward Manager
- Learn from experienced Ward Managers about how they handle difficult issues, manage workload and work life balance and improve the way they work
- Understand the role of the Ward Manager in supporting Nurses in difficulty or experiencing performance concerns in line with the new NMC Fitness to Practise procedures
- Improve your leadership skills and empower others to lead and drive improvement on your Ward
- Learn from established practice in managing and monitoring quality including the development of exemplar wards and ward accreditation
- Improve your understanding of ward budgets and finance
- Develop your local strategy to improve support for vulnerable patients on the ward
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence
This event is also taking place on Monday 9th December 2019 in London.