Follow the conference on Twitter #FCI2020
The Faculty of Clinical Informatics are pleased to announce their Inaugural Annual Scientific Conference.
The Faculty of Clinical Informatics has been established as the multi-disciplinary professional body for all health and social care qualified individuals working as informaticians across the UK.
Join us at the inaugural scientific conference of the Faculty of Clinical Informatics – the foremost event for the science and practice of clinical informatics, ehealth and digital health. The conference offers an opportunity to learn about pioneering research and insights for using information to improve health and well- being. The conference will have topics across the spectrum from managing information and communications for improving patient care, to tracking the health of populations.
The day will bring together informatics professionals from diverse health and care backgrounds committed to transforming health through informatics. From the leading experts in the field, to the students eager to get started, the conference will provide you with an opportunity to learn and to grow professionally, to network and to start new collaborations.
“Our First FCI Scientific Conference is designed to push Clinical Informatics forwards in the UK, bringing together national and international experts in the field. Our annual conference will progress the science and profession of informatics and increase learning and knowledge for all delegates as well as stimulating those at the front of the profession to submit their innovative ideas as free papers at the conference in addition to an inspiring programme with a range of talks, educational sessions and workshops.”
“I am delighted with the innovative programme we have developed for the 1st Annual Scientific Conference for the Faculty of Clinical Informatics UK. This includes an International Lecture delivered remotely from New York via Webex, 8 Instructional Courses focused on the different branches of our membership, and electronic PowerPoint posters with a facility to include dynamic video presentations.”
The conference will include national updates, scientific papers and eight instructional courses.
Instructional courses will focus on:
- How does NHSX work?
- Which interoperability standards should the NHS use?
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Informatics in Nursing
- Informatics developments in the allied health professions
- Innovative approaches to pharmacy informatics
- SNOMED CT
- How do virtual clinics work?
The conference will also include the National Launch of the core competency standards for informaticians to help ensure that individuals and their employers are clear about the skills and experience required for clinical informatics roles.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve clinical informatics practice
- Learn from outstanding practice in the UK and Internationally
- Reflect on national developments and learning including the new competency standards for informaticians
- Learn about ways to improve the way data is used to improve patient care
- Develop your skills as a clinical informatician
- Learn from scientific papers to improve practice
- Identify key strategies for standards and interoperability
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest developments at NHSX
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence