The purpose and aim of the Masterclass is to learn the principles of Information Governance and work through the different senarios and look for best practice and processes to help your organisation deliver better Information Governance.
The course is facilitated by Barry Moult, a former Head of Information Governance for an NHS Trust, and his colleague Andrew Harvey. As a whole-day training course, it concentrates on the core principles Information Governance, and has been developed to provide both practical and appropriate training for new and developing Information Governance professionals in a wide range of Organisations. Its particular concentration is on how to run an Information Governance Department and Team. The day will introduce fundamentals to delegates for them to be embedded in their own organisations based on the latest National Guidance and established best practice from two experienced practitioners in the field. The day is fully interactive. Delegates will have the opportunity to work in small groups, engage in wider discussion, as well as rounding up their day by developing an Action Plan of key learning points to take back to their base.
• Understanding the role of Information Governance in Health & Social Care
• Confidence to be an effective IG Lead
• Understanding and applying legislation, national guidelines & Demonstrating compliance with the law
• Be able to Identify risks
• Learning how to complete the Data Security & Protection Toolkit
• Give assurance to the Board that information is being protected