This masterclass will enable participants to gain a deeper understanding of the evidence surrounding Criteria Led Discharge and support them to tackle the complexities of implementing change, leading to new patient discharge practice.
Improving patient flow, in the context of unrelenting workforce pressures, through emergency and urgent care is an NHS and government priority with many improvement strategies to support this, such as Red to Green, Trusted Assessors and SAFER bundle. Criteria Led Discharge (CLD) is integral approach delivering these strategies. CLD has been described as a process where the clinical parameters for patient discharge are clearly defined using individualized criteria. Once patients meet the criteria a competent member of hospital team can manage their discharge from hospital. If CLD is to be operationalised in acute settings and risks minimised, an approach that facilitates individualisation but ensures patient safety, might contribute to improvements such as timely discharge and accelerated patient flow.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Knowledge: To share the latest evidence regarding Patient Assessment for Discharge, Criteria Led Discharge and National Policy.
- Knowledge: To identify the patient/organisational outcomes of introducing Criteria Led Discharge.
- Skills: To identify the skills required by the workforce.
- Skills: To enable participants to systematically review the discharge process, to aid the identification of key actions leading to the safe, effective implementation of Criteria Led Discharge.
- Attitudes: To identify the barriers and facilitators regarding the implementation of Criteria Led Discharge and suggest resolutions in your organisation.