Facilitated by Dr Kate Silvester, this is the last in a series of five half day virtual workshops, designed to introduce delegates to the skills for improving flow through Outpatient clinics and services. Delegates will leave with a combination of theory, practical exercises and examples so that they can ‘give it a go’ in their own service. All Outpatient service managers, staff and information analytics staff should attend. This final masterclass concentrates on systems thinking and engineering. What happens to demand for services downstream of Outpatients e.g. diagnostics and surgery, if we tackle our queues in outpatients?
Discount for attending all five half day Outpatient masterclasses: £195+ VAT per masterclass or, £750+VAT for all five.
Key Learning Objectives:
- what happens to demand for services including diagnostics and surgery if we tackle queues?
- the two perspectives of a system: the ‘Anatomy’(Resources) and ‘Physiology’ (flow between)
- finding the constraints to flow: resource capacity constraints and policy constraints
- where do we want the constraint to be?
- improving system safety, timeliness (flow), quality of the service, Patient and staff experience, and productivity