Follow the conference on Twitter #PhysicianAssociate
Find out more about virtual attendance
“Physician Associates are a new healthcare professional who, while not a doctor, works to the medical model, with the attitudes, skills and knowledge base to deliver holistic care and treatment within the general medical and/or general practice team under defined levels of supervision.”
“The NHS Interim People Plan estimates that there will be over 2,800 physician associate graduates by the end of 2020, rising to over 5,900 by the end of 2023.”
This timely one day virtual conference focuses on developing the role of the Physician Associate in your service, how the demonstrated benefits of the role can support you and your service and improve patient care. The conference will also look at developing the role of the Physician Associate in practice and effective integration into the multidisciplinary team. Through national updates and practical case studies the conference will enable you to understand the role, the benefits and practical implications in practice for deployment in your service.
The conference will discuss accountability and supervision of Physician Associates in practice with case studies from Acute, Mental Health and Primary Care settings and outline the PA responsibilities and limits of practice with regard to medications and prescribing both now and moving forward. The conference will also discuss moving forward with the role and the development of regulation following the Department of Health announcement in 2019 that the General Medical Council will take on the regulation of Physician Associates.
There is also an option of attending an in depth masterclass focusing on the development of Physician Associates in a Mental Health Setting
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues working to develop the role of the Physician Associate
- Reflect on the evidence of clinical impact and improvements in patient experience
- Understand the challenges as a result of Covid-19
- Learn from established practice on how a Physician Associate could support you and your service
- Improve the relationships and ways of working between Physician Associates and the Multidisciplinary team
- Understand and reflect on current challenges in training, education, competence and accountability
- Reflect on the barriers and facilitators to integration of Physician Associates into the clinical team?
- Develop the Physician Associate role in ensuring continuity of care
- Update your knowledge on national developments including Physician Associate Regulation
- Understand what support Physician Associates can provide
- Ensure clear guidance around limitations of practice including prescribing
- Identify key strategies for effective Clinical Supervision
- Examine your role in supporting Physician Associates
- Learn from experienced Physician Associates in Surgery, Medicine, Mental Health and Primary Care
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence