Developing the Role of the Physician Associate
Monday 26 November 2018
De Vere West One Conference Centre, London
Follow the conference on Twitter #PhysicianAssociate
How can a Physician Associate support you to improve patient care and service delivery?
‘The physician associate profession is a growing and evolving one. We estimate that there will be just under 600 qualified physician associates in the UK by the end of the year. This is expected to grow to up to 3,200 by 2020. Physician associates, in addition to existing members of the healthcare team, are here to add value, capacity and generalist skills to the clinical teams providing care for patients across primary and secondary care. This guidance will not only help employers to introduce physician associates to their teams, but also retain PA’s by supporting them to progress and succeed.’ Jeannie Watkins, President of the Faculty of Physician Associates
This one day conference focuses on developing the role of the Physician Associate in your service, how the demonstrated benefits of the role can support you and your service and improve patient care. Through national updates and practical case studies the conference will enable you to understand the role and the benefits and practical implications in practice for deployment in your service. The conference will look at developing the role of the Physician Associate in practice and the development of the National Physician Associate Expansion Programme. Through national updates and practical case studies the conference will enable you to understand the role and the benefits and practical implications in practice for deployment in your service.
The conference will discuss the regulation, accountability and supervision of Physician Associates in practice with case studies from hospital and GP settings and outline the PA responsibilities and limits of practice with regard to medications and prescribing both now and moving forward.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues working to develop the role of the Physician Associate
- Learn from established practice on how a Physician Associate could support you and your service
- Improve the relationships and ways of working between Physician Associates and the Multidisciplinary team
- Understand and reflect on current challenges in training, education, competence and accountability
- Update your knowledge on national developments including accountability and regulation
- Understand what support Physician Associates can provide
- Ensure clear guidance around limitations of practice including prescribing
- Identify key strategies for effective Clinical Supervision
- Examine your role in supporting Physician Associates
- Learn from experienced Physician Associates in Surgery, Medicine and Primary Care
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain cpd accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence
Special reduced rate of £95 +vat* for Physician Associates, quote hcuk95pa when booking online or by emailing email@example.com
Also of interest