CALL FOR ABSTRACTS: The deadline for submission of abstracts is Friday 28th May 2021
We are opening part of the 2021 conference to abstracts; which Healthcare Conferences UK will assess for inclusion in the conference programme as an oral presentation or poster display.
The event has been updated following national development and feedback from previous years, and is for nurses who run or are thinking of running clinics both in primary and secondary care and those who support them from all specialties.
Complete the submission form here
Follow the conference on Twitter #NurseClinics2021
Find out more about virtual attendance
Chaired by Dr Richard Hatchett Author 'Nurse Led Clinics: Practice Issues', this virtual conference will provide specialist nurses with a valuable opportunity to hear national updates and best practice for working at advanced practice, and setting up and running nurse led clinics and services in primary, secondary and community care across a number of specialties. With sessions designed for those who are looking to improve the effectiveness or expand existing nurse led clinics and services, or for beginners looking to set up their first clinic this event is essential for all nurses offering nurse led clinics and services.
"You are pioneering new treatments and new clinical models. You lead teams across wards, departments, hospitals and trusts. You run the show, whether it’s the frontline or the boardroom…Great leaders know the importance of making everyone feel valued, making everyone feel part of the same team, with the same mission. And I’ve found that nurses are some of the best leaders within the NHS"
"The Long Term Plan sets out an ambitious programme for our patients, and it’s brought home to me not only how big a challenge lies in front of us but also how big an opportunity, and recognising and valuing the contribution and potential of nursing and midwifery in the future of our NHS is essential"
In addition to the main stream focusing on developing and running nurse led clinics and services.
The conference will include a choice of interactive expertly facilitated workshops and extended sessions focusing on:
• A Beginners Guide to setting up Nurse Led Clinics
• Auditing your Nurse Led Clinic or Service
• Nurse Prescribing and the National Competency Framework
• NEW: Principles of Prehabilitation
• Nurse led cancer clinics
• Developing your clinic
• Legal Issues and Risk Management
This conference will enable you to:
• Network with colleagues who are working to deliver and improve nurse led clinics and services
• Learn from outstanding practice in setting up and running nurse led clinics
• Reflect on national developments in advanced nursing practice
• Learn from outstanding practice in established nurse led clinics
• Develop your leadership skills
• Understand how you can improve your service through audit and evaluation
• Identify key strategies for improving outcomes
• Learn from practical cases studies in evolving and expanding practice to improve patient care and meet demand
• Ensure competent in Clinical Assessment, History Taking, Investigations and Diagnosis
• Understand legal issues and developments
• Develop a strategy to ensure your clinic is sustainable, even if you are not there
• Develop your skills in research and writing for publication
• Self assess and reflect on your own practice
Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence