My experience as an International Doctor working in the NHS
Dr Anna Zonato
Junior Doctor, Accident & Emergency
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital NHS Trust
• my journey to the UK as an IMG
• understanding the culture and ensuring patient safety
• improving support through Covid-19 – the challenges for IMG Doctors
Anna says there is still a big need for International Doctors to help the NHS. She also spoke of the challenges for International Doctors to come to the UK, the process is not cheap, language and culture differences.
Supporting International Medical Graduates
Head of Outreach Development and Support Operations
General Medical Council
• how can we better support international doctors coming to work in the NHS?
• supporting IMG Doctors through Covid-19
• the challenges international doctors face in adapting to their new lives and working practices
• implications of changes to the immigration system and Brexit
• supporting NHS organisations to create a positive workplace culture
• referrals to the GMC
• improving mental health support during Covid-19
• the GMC Welcome to UK Practice Programme
Tista talked about Supporting International Medical Graduates - "as I learnt more about the GMC standards I realised the more we can do to support colleagues the better"